Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Internet Explorer doesn't bubble click events to the window

This is a simple one. I put some sample code on jsbin.com to show how IE doesn't bubble click events to the window, while w3c browsers do. This is important, because I would normally think to use the window as a "global event listener", not the document. Yeah, I learned this one the hard way.


Learning about which browser events bubble to which top level object is critical to my current project. Expect more posts about which events bubble/capture from/to what node/object... Wow, I just wrote put three sentences into one.

Help my research (or research for others) and share your results on various browsers. Just open the demo, click around a bit, and let me know if the click event hit the browser or not. Or, revise my code to test other events and share those results.


Many thanks! 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment